I’ve set my countdown widget in anticipation of National Novel Writing Month. Only 24 more days to go! The timing has never been right for me to participate in NaNoWriMo, but this year, with Saving Ben on the way to my editor, the month-long writing challenge comes at just the right time for me to crank out a first draft of Home.
MY GOALS FOR THE MONTH:
1) The obvious: Write as much as possible. 50,000 words in 30 days is the challenge. According to my calculations, using 20 as a more realistic number of days I’ll be able to write, I will need to write at least 2,5000 words per day. Peace of cake.
2) Meet New Critique Partners.
3) Broaden My Social Network.
1) Complete An Outline of Home, which will help me breeze through my first draft.
2) Prep My Characters: I have a list of questions I always answer for each of my primary characters before I begin a new project.
3) Clear My Schedule: Catch up on my chores and do early Thanksgiving Prep so I’ll have as much time to write as possible.
4) Design My Book Cover for My Profile on the NaNoWriMo Website.
5) UGH! My least favorite thing to do. Write a synopsis, also for my profile on the NaNoWriMo website.