In thinking about the five most important things I’ve learned from my writing, I realized they were also the five most important things I know to be true about my life.
1) Trust your gut—It’s hard to trust those gnawing feelings in the pit of your stomach when your brain is telling you to do the opposite. More often than not, I’ve regretted the times I’ve ignored those gut feelings.
2) Never, Ever give up—Hard work almost always pays off.
3) Don’t get mad, get even—Apply what you learn from negative criticism and move on. Don’t give the naysayers the power to ruin your life.
4) There is more than one way to accomplish your goals—If something isn’t working, try another approach. Keep searching until you hit your stride.
5) Don’t be afraid to ask for help—My husband says I’m too proud to ask for help, but the reality is, I’m too chicken. It’s human nature to want to help others. Let them help you.